How am I supposed to be on the wagon when there is ALWAYS something fun to do??
I’m supposed to be losing 10 pounds before Thanksgiving. No school night drinking, no carbs, sensible eating, etc…
HOWEVER~ I am fun! And I have fun friends! And I have fun kids! And there is ALWAYS something happening!
Last week was the beginning of my 3 week “wagon trip.” My goal was to have ZERO carbs, and ZERO school night alcohol. I did not do so well.
- Tuesday night ~ Pumpkin Patch, dinner with my parents, wine.
- Thursday night ~ 3rd grade play, dinner with friends, wine.
- Friday night~ Skipped Guns N Roses concert. Happy hour with my friends, vodka.
- Saturday~ layed around with the kids all day eating popcorn and bit-o-honeys.
- Sunday~ Halloween party, beautiful weather, Sam Adams Octoberfest.
- Tonight~ Halloween. Dozens of people coming over for drinks and snacks before Trick-or-Treating.
- Tomorrow~ Kick-off of the Broadway Season! Dinner, The Addams Family, and the opening-night cast party. ( Lots of food and booze involved in this one).
And I haven’t even checked my calendar for the rest of the week…
HOW am I supposed to behave responsibly and live “moderately” when there is so much fun stuff to do??? Damn’it. Damn’it all.
If you liked this post, please consider leaving a comment, share, or subscribe to RSS feed
RELATED POSTS & INTERESTS